At Greenhaven we are excited to offer a variety of options when it comes to reproductive care. With a special focus in reproductive health Alyssa Green offers the following:
Arvigo Mayan Abdominal Therapy (ATMAT)
Struggling with your reproductive system? Arvigo Massage© is a wonderful way to address many reproductive conditions. This ancient technique works on the abdomen and reproductive organs to help encourage better alignment and circulation. This treatment of the abdomen includes assessing your health history, as well as treating the low back and hips. Your therapist (Alyssa Green) will guide you on specific home care massage that you can use as self care as part of your treatment plan.
Common conditions that can benefit from Arvigo© treatments are:
- Cystitis/chronic urinary tract infections
- Painful periods
- Prolapse (mild/moderate)
- Chronic cysts due to PCOS (small)
- Uterine fibroids (small)
- Painful periods due to PCOS/Endometriosis
- Retroverted/anteverted uterus
- Cesarean scar tissue
- Holistic addition to medical fertility treatments
Pregnancy massage is a wonderful way to care for yourself while you adapt to the many changes pregnancy brings. Many people encounter symptoms during their pregnancy that can be addressed through massage therapy. We often work with patients to help treat things like:
- Sciatica and sacral pain
- Round ligament pain
- Carpal tunnel
- Leg cramps
- Low back pain
- Stress and anxiety
- Pelvic balancing and exercises to encourage optimal fetal positioning for birth
- and more!
You can safely have a massage at any point in your pregnancy; whether you are newly pregnant or overdue. We can use customized pregnancy pillows and supports to help you be comfortable during your treatment, whether that’s laying on your tummy or your side.
Transitioning into the postpartum period comes with its own set of challenges. Your body is adapting to the demands of being a new parent while recovering from birth at the same time. This is a critical time where taking care of yourself is super important. At our clinic we can work with you to help:
- Neck and shoulder pain due to infant feeding/carrying
- Decrease stress/anxiety and increase relaxation
- Assess and treat any lingering injuries related to pregnancy
- Asses your pelvis and treat sacral/low back pain
- caesarean scar tissue massage and recovery
- Monitor and screen you (non invasive) for pelvic floor problems that would indicate a referral to a pelvic floor physiotherapist
- and more!
When can I get a postpartum massage?
For vaginal births: As soon as you would like as long as you have had no complications with postpartum bleeding, fever, or infection. If you are not sure you can contact us and we’d be happy to advise you.
For belly births: Allow 2-3 weeks for the incision to heal before booking your massage. Do not book in if you are having issues with fever or infection. If you are reluctant to lay on your stomach you can still get a massage in the side-lying position or lay on your back.
Questions? Contact Alyssa at